If you have any questions regarding a Ministry, please contact the Church office at:
913-631-5983 or email at [email protected]
Altar Server ~ Assists the priest during the celebration of Mass, starting in 5th Grade.
Arts/Environment ~ Participates in decorating and beautifying the Lord’s house.
Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion (EMHC) ~ Assists in distributing Holy Communion at Mass.
Greeter ~ Makes parishioners and visitors feel welcome as they enter the Lord’s house for Mass.
Lector ~ Proclaims the Word of God to His people during liturgical celebrations.
Music Ministers ~ Glorify God with song in various choirs.
- Hosanna Adult Choir (9am Sunday Mass)
- Adult Choir (10:30am Sunday Mass)
- Cherubim (Kindergarten- 1st grade)
- Archangels (7th – 12th grade)
- Resurrection Choir (Sings at funerals)
- Cantors and instrumentalists (Assist at Mass and special celebrations)
Offertory Gifts ~ Bring the bread and wine to be used during Mass to the priest; great family ministry!
Usher ~ Ministry of welcoming and assisting in various duties before, during, and after Mass.
Adult Education ~ Learn more about your Catholic faith in events throughout the year.
Blood Drive ~ Giving the gift of life 3 times a year.
Catholic Charities Volunteers ~ Many different opportunities available to support this vital ministry.
Cursillo ~ Group dedicated to forming laity into effective Christian leaders.
CYO Sports ~ Offers competitive and non-competitive sports programs for 4th – 8th grade.
Financial Peace University ~ Helps parishioners learn God’s way of handling money.
Garden Club ~ Maintains the beauty of the area around our Lord’s house.
Greeting Cards ~ Shares the gifts of concern and celebration via handmade greeting cards.
Hospitality Sunday ~ Welcomes new parishioners and promotes the social life of the parish.
Keenagers ~ Social organization for seniors 55 and over.
Knights of Columbus ~ Catholic men’s organization dedicated to charity, unity, fraternity, patriotism.
Ladies Guild ~ Catholic women’s organization dedicate to friendship and parish support.
Legion of Mary ~ Brings Christ to others via His holy Mother; open to both men and women.
Maintenance workers ~ Help with parish and seasonal projects as the need arises.
Men’s Bible Study ~ Enter more deeply into the Word of God with fellow brothers in Christ.
New Parishioner Dinner ~ Welcomes new parishioners into the St. Joseph family; NEW MINISTRY! NEED VOLUNTEERS!
News & Views ~ Parish newspaper highlights events, activities, and parishioner accomplishments.
Parish Vocation Committee ~ Prays for and encourages religious vocations.
PTO ~ Coordinates social, educational, and spiritual school events during the year.
Quilting Circle ~ Makes beautiful quilts which are then raffled off to support the parish.
RCIA Sponsor ~ Walks with someone through the RCIA process of becoming Catholic.
Religious Articles Store ~ Provides a wide selection of religious items for any occasion.
Religious Education Catechists ~ Help pass on the faith to children in our Religious Education Program (K-8).
Respect Life Committee ~ Be on the forefront of pro-life issues in order to build a culture of life.
- Boy Scouts ~ Troup 194
- Cub Scouts ~ Pack 3284
- Girl Scouts
Youth Ministry ~ Focuses on faith and fellowship among the youth of St. Joseph.
Works of Mercy
Feed the Hungry
- Food Kitchen ~ Provides a noon meal once/month to the hungry of Kansas City
- Food for the Needy ~ Food/supplies drive on 2nd weekend of each month to support needy through Catholic Charities and Shawnee Community Services.
- Morning Glory Ministries ~ Provides a meal to the homeless at the downtown Cathedral
- Meals for the Homeless ~ Help provide a meal and fellowship at a men’s or women’s shelter.
- 1st Sundays (Shalom House)
- 2nd Tuesdays (Shalom House)
- 1st & 3rd Tuesdays (Women’s Shelter)
- 4th Tuesdays (Women’s Shelter)
- Unbound (Formerly CFCA) ~ Sponsor a child or elderly person in a developing country.
- St. Joseph Table ~ Dinner to raise funds used to help parishioners in need.
Clothe the Naked
- Angel Tree ~ Advent parish collection of essential items to help those in need.
- Christ Child Shower ~ December baby shower to collect clothes for crisis pregnancy centers.
- Christmas Adoption Program ~ Helps provide Christmas for parish families in need.
- Undie Sunday Essential Drive ~ Occasional parish drive to collect dignity items for those in need.
- Joe’s Clothes ~ Collects used clothing from parishioners and distributes to assistance agencies.
Visit the Imprisoned
- Dismas Prison Outreach ~ Brings the word of God and communion to people in prison.
Shelter the Homeless
- Rebuilding Together Shawnee ~ Helps Shawnee residents in need to live independently with dignity.
- Sisters of the Poor of Jesus Christ ~ Our parish works with this order of nuns to support their homeless ministries.
Care for the Sick
- Communion to Sick/Homebound ~ Bings Holy Communion to the homebound.
- Friendly Visitors ~ Connects volunteers to senior parishioners via visits and phone calls
- Respite Care ~ Provides relief to caretakers of homebound parishioners.
- Communion to the Hospitals ~ Brings Holy Communion to parishioners in the hospital.
Bury the Dead
- Bereavement Ministry ~ Reaches out to the people experiencing grief through the death of a loved one.
- Funeral Luncheon ~ Helps provide a luncheon for the family of a parishioner on the day of the funeral.
- Resurrection Choir ~ Assists families as they grieve and pray through the gift of song at funerals.
Support Those in Search of Instruction
- Learning Club of KCK ~ Helps high-risk children through 1-on-1 tutoring and mentoring.
Pray for the Living and the Dead
- Daily Rosary ~ Join us for daily rosary before each Mass and at 2:45pm for peace.
- Perpetual Help Novena ~ Bring you intentions and prayers to our weekly 7pm Tuesday Novena.
- Eucharistic Adoration ~ Grow closer to the Lord in prayer in our beautiful adoration chapel.